- Mountain House® freeze-dried foods are packed in airtight NITROGEN PACKED #10 cans.
- Up to 98% of the residual oxygen has been removed.
- Our unique canning process uses both vacuum oxygen removal and nitrogen flushing.
- Each #10 can is coated with a protective enamel inside and out for double protection, including the lid.
- For best results, avoid prolonged storage at temperatures about 75° F (24° C).
- Mountain House #10 Cans have a shelf life of 25 years.
- After opening, we recommend using the contents within 1 week for best results and taste; using the convenient resealable plastic lid between uses.
- Treat any leftover food as you would fresh food.
- Our freeze-dried foods are easy to prepare-just add hot water…wait 10 minutes…and eat!
- If a heat source is not available, room temperature or cold water can be used, too.
- Because no cooking is needed, these foods require much less water and fuel than most fresh, frozen or dehydrated foods (further conserving these two precious commodities.)
Allergens identified here include only the Food and Drug Administration's defined major food allergens. We make every effort to ensure that our nutrition and allergen information is complete and up to date. However, because this information may change from time to time, please refer to the actual pouch or can label for the most accurate information available.
Longest Proven Shelf Life. Period
We take pride in the shelf life of Mountain House freeze-dried foods. Our nearly 50-year history of using top-quality ingredients, the highest processing standards, and premium packaging materials allows for a shelf life that is unmatched.
We are the only brand to fully cook our meals before freeze drying. We make our meals like you do at home, in a cookpot (granted ours is a tad bit bigger), which allows the flavors to mix just right like your meals do at home.
Our food also doesn't sit in the warehouse forever either. This means when you buy our food from us, it will still have the longest shelf life in the industry.
The rest is up to you: store food under dry, sanitary conditions, without prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures and avoiding any environment that could cause damage to the packaging, such as punctures, dents, or rust. Simply follow these common sense storage tips and you will have emergency food when you need it.
Bes?t Survival, Long Term Emergency Food On The Market
Specially packed in airtight #10 cans, Mountain House freeze-dried foods have the longest proven shelf life available. Period. We confidently claim a 25+-year shelf life, because our testing has shown the shelf life exceeds 25 years! We've had independent studies performed on actual 20-, 25- and 30-year-old product stored under real-world conditions, which weren’t always ideal — not on newer product exposed to an accelerated-time environment in a laboratory. In addition, we have personally tasted cans that were 35 years old and still taste great!
Our canning process meets stringent U.S. Military specifications. Your food is protected until you are ready to enjoy it.
After opening, we recommend using the dry contents within one week for best results and taste, using the convenient resealable plastic lid between uses.
After hydration, treat any leftover hydrated food as you would fresh food.
Because we have the longest proven shelf life in the industry and the best flavor, it is easy to see why people consider Mountain House the best survival food money can buy.